The Zambia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ZACCI) is the umbrella organization representing businesses across the country and across all sectors of the economy. ZACCI was established in 1933 and registered on 11 October 1990 under the Registrar of Societies Act with the mandate of advocating for a business environment that promotes business growth.
What ZACCI Stands For ZACCI is convinced that the promotion and enhancement of a vibrant private sector, through effective interest representation, service delivery and cooperation between the public sector and business is the foundation for building an economy which creates employment and equitable wealth.
The back-bone of such an economy is a diverse and resilient Small and Medium Enterprise sector which ZACCI actively supports through the facilitation of a variety of business linkages.
As a non-partisan, independent organization, ZACCI endeavors to be constructive and avoids public confrontation.
ZACCI constantly builds a community of best practice in doing business. It strives at creating unity across sector interests and fosters a robust public – private partnership which ensures economic emancipation and enterprise growth. It does so mainly by assisting local chamber members to grow their businesses to assume a role as business leaders in their respective communities
At ZACCI, we bring the business community together in dynamic, profitable ways. Whether members are networking with one another, learning marketing tips, immersing themselves in issues that impact business, or tapping into an array of educational services, we give local business owners the tools to help them thrive. When members of the community have a problem and don’t know what to do, they call their local chamber, and ZACCI receives thousands of those calls each year.
Key Areas of Work
1. Promotion and development of the Trade, Commerce and Industry both within the Country and outside.
2. Consideration of legislation and subordinate legislation enacted or proposed affecting or likely to affect either directly or indirectly any Trade, Commerce, Industry or professions and the taking of such action as may seem advisable.
3. Promotion of high standard of business ethics and practice.
4. Conducting of research and surveys to enhance evidence based advocacy 5. Promotion of the well-being and image of the small business sector so that it becomes a sound , efficient and cohesive element in the overall economy and an influential sector in national affairs.
1. Economic/Business information; As a member you can Get informed, stay informed and your business becomes a part of the effort to improve your community, as Chambers generally work on economic development.
2. Raise Your Profile; The more people that know about you and your company the more business you’ll get. Attend events, make member offers and talk to us about raising your profile.
3. Reputable Representation; As a member of ZACCI Having a liaison between different business entities, the government and local authorities in Lusaka your business is guaranteed Reputable representation.