OVERVIEW OF ZAMBIA’S INVESTMENT CLIMATE
Zambia is a multi-party democracy and provides a free market liberalized economic environment in a stable strife-free and multicultural society.
The Zambian Government welcomes investors across sectors and the laws relating to investment provide investment incentives and protection, in order to attract increased investment and international trade, as well as increased domestic economic growth.
The country’s land-linked and central location in the region, as well as a combination of the following key strengths, makes it an ideal investment
- Abundance of natural resources and manpower, which are highly under-utilized.
- Political Stability since attaining independence in 1964
- No Controls on: prices, interest rates, foreign exchange rates, free repatriation of debt repayments
- 100% repatriation of net profits
- Guarantees and security to investors with legislated rights to full and market value compensation
- Duty Free Access to Regional, wider African and the USA markets under SADC, COMESA/FTA and AGOA (African Growth and
Opportunity Act) respectively
- Banking, financial, legal and insurance services of international standard as well as a Stock Exchange
- Double Taxation Agreements with a number of European, North American, African and Asian countries
- Good place to work and live – sub-tropical climate and vegetation with plenty of water. Friendly people, mostly English speaking,
with high literacy rate. Educational establishments to University level. Strong religious values. Open-air lifestyle with nature reserves,
game parks, rivers, lakes and waterfalls.
- Thriving Private Sector: Government has successfully privatized most of the previously state owned enterprises, thus encouraging an entrepreneurial culture